Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Angel Acts

A few nights ago I finally saw The Pianist based off of the best selling novel and true life of Wladyslaw Szpilman.

Although any subject matter with the Holocaust is extremely difficult for me to watch, read, or hear about I have to say this is a moving story of survival through music and kindly acts of others. The power of kindness over hatred is demonstrated in this story many times.

I wanted to highlight one of the unlikely angels in this movie and real life that helped keep Wladyslaw Szpilman alive. He was a German officer named Wilm Hosenfeld whom provided him with a secure place to stay in the abandoned ruins while bringing him food and giving him his winter coat to say warm.




Many people question if God and angels exist how could something this evil against human lives taken place?
I honestly wonder myself and the only conclusion I come to is those involved with carrying out such horrifying crimes were obviously disturbed, highly seduced and manipulated by influences that were made to sound true but weren't.
I'm sure some of them were afraid themselves and went through on orders from Hitler to ensure no repercussions against them occurred.
In many instances it's easier to follow the masses than being a leader amidst such madness.
They definitely ignored guidance they got from their angels and went against it in many cases where they had the chance to do something better.

Here is an excerpt from page 28 of Carol May's Working With Angels in Everyday Life that I often wonder about:

"Special Note: Of course you must also remember that Angels can only help us as much as is possible in any given moment or situation (due to free will, karma, other people's choices, our own need for certain experiences,etc.).

Hosenfeld demonstrated such qualities of bravery and compassion which I consider an angel act.

For me the only thing I can say is music can promote peace, and love..it connects our spirits even when there is chaos in our very world bringing us closer in unison.

Remember to do your own angel act for another as Wilm Hosenfeld did.

"We can do no great things; only small things with great love." ~Mother Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment