Tuesday, June 8, 2010

A Fun Angel Project from the Crafty-Chica Kathy Cano Murillo

I happen to adore Kathy Cano-Murillo and all her crafting charm! This is one of my favorite crafts she has and I wanted to feature it here on this blog...afterall it is called The Angel Directory. Have fun with your own warrior angel that is just a shadowbox away!



Warrior Angel Shadow Box © Kathy Cano-Murillo the Crafty Chica




This is from a book I contributed too, Angel Crafts. I call it an Angel Warrior box because I believe we all have powerful angels flying around us, that are soft and pretty - but they can also kick butt to protect us, just like warriors!

To make this project you need:

Crafty Chica Paints
Crafty Chica Rockabilly Ruby Glitter
1 shadow box
bottle cap
Decorative paper
Wood heart
Milagros
Tulip Crystals
Hot glue
Markers, scissors
Sandpaper
Cotton balls
Scrap fabric
Yarn

Paint the box and then sand the edges. Paint and glitter the wood hear and glue it to the back of the box. Paint the bottlecap as a face, glue it to the wood heart. Make the dress and wings out scrap fabric or paper, glue in place. Add yarn for hair. Paint accents around the border and glue down milagros and crystals.

***
See my new product line at Amazon.com!

Other links:
STORE * BOOK * T-SHIRTS * MY SPACE * FLICKR

* All content/photos copyright, © Kathy Cano-Murillo, 2008. For more artsy goodness, check out CraftyChica.com * for awesome crafty resources check out DuncanCrafts.com

Labels: empowerment crafts, holiday

Article Source: Crafty Chica Blog

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this, I love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, THANKS for the sweet comment about my blog!!! I appreciate you posting this on your blog too and allowing me to use this arts n crafts project on here.

    ReplyDelete