Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11th-Remember the Power of Love

Today is the 10th anniversary of September 11th. I want us all to take a moment to send healing prayers out into this world for those who lost a loved one, who were personally involved and also for all of humanity. Our prayers do sow patches of hope in our torn world.

"God, Archangels, Angels, The 9 Angelic Choirs, Jesus Christ, Blessed Virgin Mary,
So many have been touched by tragedy, violence, and anguish.
Today on the 10th anniversary of Sept. 11th we ask that you gather around those
who are still suffering with trauma and pain from these events; may they be bathed in your protection and love. Help them to have peace once again and to know that all is not lost.
For those that face violence and terrorism in their daily living we ask that you grant them protection, and to help them come up with peaceful solutions that will put an end to the extreme hate that is fueled by not understanding another person whose views, race, or gender are not the same as their own.
Dissipate the fears that are so prevalent in adding to the stronghold of ignorance.
May this earth and all of it's occupants be radiated with hope, strength, determination, and trust so that we always keep love in the forefront of our hearts and spirits.
Help us to believe that true love is not severed by passing, but exists for the rest of time.
Send assistance to all of those who mourn as you promised that they too shall be surrounded by comfort. Give them understanding.
Amen."

I wanted to write a short message that although it is much easier to hate, it is better to hold onto love. I am reminded that love and unity can overcome.
We are here for each other and not just for ourselves. It is our ability to reach out and touch one another that demonstrates what is most important.

I do believe that our souls live forever as does the love we hold for those that have crossed on.

I am reminded of the quote said by Patrick Swayze in the film Ghost. His character Sam speaks to his girlfriend Molly for one last time before he goes to the light and tells her, "It's amazing Molly the love inside you take it with you." Love cannot be destroyed..EVER. It matters not the circumstances because love is a force that remains.

I wanted to add this poem by Mary Frye to sum up that all those who were taken have really not gone away.

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.


Reach out and grab each other's hands,
Take a stand for love
which shows humanity's heart beats as one.

No comments:

Post a Comment